I have been rather neglectful in my blogging. I have been keeping a list of things to blog about and I have been taking pictures of the kids. So, don't worry, you haven't missed anything, you'll be caught up soon!!
I have just been so very busy fulfilling the duties of a single mom. Dinners, laundry, bottles, diapers, movies on the DVD player, games on the computer, packing lunches, chasing the baby around her trap and trying to keep her from escaping, dressing the 4 year-old for outside play in the snow...and on and on and on...
I have also been spending a lot of time exercising on my Wii. I am determined to exercise at least 350 minutes per week, which is working out to be about 30 min each morning before the kids get up, and 30-60-75 min in the evenings after I put the kids to bed. Last week I burned 2010 calories in my quest for health. I haven't really seen any results on my waistline or clothing, but I figure I'm just adding time to my life (to do the above chores, no less)...by maintaining a healthy heart and preventing a heart attack, stroke, or diabetes.
I spent a little bit of time this evening at www.chacha.com working on a new get-rich-quick scheme. Seriously, my friend Terri directed me to this online business. It's a mobile search engine and is powered partially by computer and partially by people (nerds) who answer people's pressing questions. So, I spent about an hour answering all kinds of questions ranging from car engine repair to Karen Jones' court hearing date in Indiana! Ha!! It was kind of fun and if I make some money, then it's great! I would have spent that hour before bed playing on the computer anyway, so what the hey??!!??
We had a major ice/snow storm around here last week. We were stuck in the house Thursday-Sunday (with power, thank goodness...my grandparents in Altus and Cyril have not had that good fortune, Bless their Hearts...). During the time that the roads were still slick, I was so very thankful that my dear Chris was patient enough a few years ago to try to teach me to drive on the nasty slick stuff. I haven't had a problem at all and I've heard his words "take it slow and easy, babe" many, many times in my head over the past few days. Again, I'm amazed at how God was working on the little details long before he actually took Chris to Heaven. He knew I'd need help driving last January and this year. So, He had Chris take care of it a few years ago. Thank You, God. (and Thank You, Chris)!
Well, I better get to bed so I can start working on that chore list bright and early in the morning! Exercise, feed Katie, wake Jackson, dress Katie, pack lunches...you get the drill!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment