It looks like we might be gaining a bit of independence here in the Johns house. Since promoting independence in children is what I do for a living...it only stands to reason that I would expect nothing less from my children.
Jackson is really becoming quite the helper and big-kid. He is totally able to dress himself, get ready for bed, take a bath (except run it), the other night he got himself out, let the water out, and tried to dry off all on his own! He brushes his teeth, and can get his own snacks. Recently, he started being able to open his own juice boxes. So proud, so proud!! (both he and I)
And Miss Katie has some independence skills of her own. She has been holding her own cup for a while now, but she has recently started feeding herself puffs. She used to pick them up and the "lose" them on her finger and never get them to her mouth. But, now, she purposefully brings them to her mouth! She only lost about 2-3 tonight after dinner.
And tonight, since she was doing so well with the puffs, and was acting like she wanted more to eat...I fed her some "real" green beans! She did SO good...just picked them up and put them right in her mouth. And, I have to tell you, I think even she was a little proud of her big-girl self. So cute, so sweet!
So, I'm seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel that I won't always be doing every single thing for these kiddos. I know it's my job and it's what I signed on to do as their mother. But, every once in a while, I would like them to bring ME a juice box, or at least a green bean or two. :-) Love those two kids...wouldn't trade 'em for anything. Except maybe some quiet free time.....Naahhh...
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment