My in-laws found a desk for the corner of my living room. Thanks, Donnie and Kay!! :-)
So, I set out to put it together. I must say...I'm getting quite handy with the hammer and nails/screwdriver and screws/etc. I have my own purple tool set and just get right to work!
Jackson was so cute, determined to help me. Not sure how much help he really was, but he had a blast! He WAS good at finding each piece, which Sauder helpfully labeled with a letter. Jackson was eager to find each piece by the labeled letter. Did a great job!
Of course, if I didn't keep him busy, he quickly strayed and started creating various things on his own with the pieces...
Sauder also helped me out by sorting all the hardware and screws and such into a nice little blister pack. Whew, that was BRILLIANT! I should write to their customer service department and tell them how much I appreciated that!
Once we had sorted all the pieces, found all the hardware, read the instructions, and located our tools...it was pretty much Jackson's bedtime. But, oh no, he was invested in this project and he was determined to see it through to the end.
Jackson stuck with it for the first two hours...He went to bed well after 10 (his bedtime is typically 8:00)!! I finished the project sometime after 11. (I started it at about 7:45)!! I consider it a success, though, because I only had to start over once. And it was only after a few steps, so no harm done! I was especially impressed, since the project involved Elmer's Glue...and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the pieces apart once I glued the dowels into the assigned holes!
The result...a cute little desk in the corner of my living room, to complete phase 2 of the Extreme Home Makeover, Johns Edition!!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment