Anyway, Jackson has had much difficulty in getting himself dressed in the mornings as well as picking up his toys in a timely manner. He handles all other responsibilities fine. These two just seem to be too daunting for him to accomplish. (or there are too many other things distracting him at the time).
So, I found yet another star chart and he's earning stars this week to get a toy at Target at the end of the week. He has to earn a certain number of stars in order to get said toy. While filling out the stars tonight I though...hmmmm...wonder if he's old enough for an allowance?? Now here it is 3 hours later and I'm knee deep in websites and facebook conversations about allowances and chores. whew!! It's a lot of work!!
I think I will just tell him to get a job instead! :-)
I'll have to think about this major life decision a little more before I present it to him. However, in the mean time, my friend Allison directed me to a website with cool little banks:


The banks are supposed to teach tithing 10 % first, saving second, and spending third. I will get one for Jackson for Christmas. Thanks for the tip, Allison!
So...the decision is still up in the air. Sigh...such things are hard to figure out on your own. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!
In other news...
Miss Katie is trying to crawl...she stays on all 4s for a long time, and rocks back and forth. She'll be mobile pretty soon!! She is playing peek-a-boo and pulls the cloth off her face and squeals! so cute!! She also waves her hand at you and all 4 grandparents are convinced she's saying "hi"!! Ha!
Well, back to the ponderings of life...allowance or no allowance and H1N1 booster shots tomorrow at the health department? hmmmmm....



We have chores our kiddos have to complete around the house - a few each day so as not to be overwhelming. They also do get an allowance. I see the allowance as a way to teach just what you were talking about above - tithing, saving, and spending - rather than a payment. They get $1 for each year of their age (each month). So my 10 year old gets $10 a month. Of that, 10% goes to tithe, 20% to savings and the rest is spending. The hardest part is going to the bank and getting the correct change to put the right amount in each spot. The teller gives you some really weird looks sometimes. Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteThe real kicker comes when they don't do their chores, that is fine, but they have to pay me to do them, and I get pretty expensive! Haha!
I love your friends idea about having to pay when they don't get done! I will be using that when Chayse is just a little older! :) Also, those are some cool banks. Chayse will be getting one for Christmas too! Sonya you have great ideas. I love it that you created this blog!
ReplyDelete